Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sand found in many places

So, after you go to the beach it is evident that some amount of sand will travel back with you. I had it on most of my shoes, swimsuit, and a few pairs of shorts...oh well!

I had a wonderful time as a counselor at Beach Camp with Prestonwood. The day of the trip I was stressed beyond belief wondering if my mystery group of girls would like me. I spent the day running last minute errands with Bryan and he had to keep reassuring me that everything was going to be fine.

God definitely answered my prayers of helping with my anxious feelings. When I got to our leader meeting that night of departure, I didn't know a soul. That was until I saw a few Pi Beta's from Baylor who were going...so prayer concern #1 answered.

We found out that we were not able to know our list of campers until we arrived in Florida...slight set back in my mind, but worked out for the best. Once the kids arrived, my excitement grew, and I couldn't wait to get to know the students.

We pulled out of P-wood around 10 and within 10 minutes of being on the road one of the nine buses broke down on 635 and the toll. We eventually had to shuttle all of the kids and luggage off of that bus and onto another. So we started out the trip with a 2 hour delay, but had a great ride to Florida.

Upon arrival we hit the ground running and I met my 9 freshman girls that were with me in a condo for the week. They were all so bright and full of energy and concerned about who got the 1st shower. I absolutely loved being a part of their lives and was so blessed by each girl. I definitely made some wonderful memories with them and brought back memories of taking hours to get ready for worship, dressing up at all times for the boys, and of course endless amounts of flirting!

The speaker and bands present were more than amazing. God truly spoke through both groups and taught me things even after being a Christian for 18 years. You never and truly will know everything about being a Christian.

Pray for me as I entertain the idea of leading a Sunday School class for a group of high school girls starting in the fall. If you ever get the chance and feel led to, take the time to invest in the youth in your church...y0u won't walk away empty handed.

No comments: