Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Panama City, FL...here I come!

Thursday, June 26th I will leave from Prestonwood Baptist Church on charter buses with hundreds of high school students headed towards Panama City, Fl. I have been given the wonderful opportunity to go and be a beach camp leader for the week. I have 8-10 high school aged girls staying in a condo with me right on the beach.




This past weekend I hit up Walmart to get a few things for the trip and realized that getting extra sunscreen and aloe-vera gel would be wise. Instead of just getting things I needed, I began to think of what they might forget and need...I guess this is what it feels like to be a mom!

I'm so excited to have this opportunity to be a leader to these girls. I pray that God will be able to use me and have the girls open up and share their hearts. I look forward to not only blessing the students, but also to being blessed by my girls. Pray that God will grant us safe travels and a wonderful time when we arrive. Also keep in your prayers the kids who do not know Him...may the words spoken and songs sung touch their hearts in a way so that they feel His presence and come to know Him as their Savior!

Oh, and try not to be too jealous of us being in the sun hanging out on the white sand beaches :)

3 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Take me with you! Seriously, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

Hope your "camp" is a blast! I'm excited for you... you'll have to post some photos and stories on your awesome blog! :)

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

hope you had a great time at camp! i'm sure the girls having a great leader like you