Monday, June 9, 2008

Maiden Voyage...

So, here I am...a first time blogger, embarking on this world of diction for all to see.

This blog will be a bit longer, since I'm bringing everyone up to date on my not so glamorous life!

I graduated from Baylor in May of 2007 and made my trek back up to Dallas shortly after walking across the stage. It was definitely a bitter sweet time, I was sad to leave behind my amazing house in Waco, friends, and all the memories of being irresponsible...but I knew that I had to press on into the working world with a smile on my face. I was so blessed to find a job at a company called GuideStone Financial Resources. We are responsible for maintaining insurance, retirement, and retail accounts for the Southern Baptist Convention. I was even able to obtain my Series 6 and 63 licenses. (If you would have told me that I would be working with investments a year ago, I would have laughed hysterically in your face!...God truly does have a plan that is different from our own at times.) I am able to interact with participants on a daily basis and exude our motto of "Serving those who serve the Lord, with the integrity of our hearts and the skillfullness of our hands". It is so great to be able to wake up and drive into a company that has a mission for making eternal differnces!

Enough about work!
I live in Coppell, TX with the lovely Kathryn. She and I have been living together for close to 3 years now and I can't imagine having anyone else as a roomie! She is a great friend and always up for a few laughs. Our apt is great for entertaining and we love the Wii that was purchased a few months ago on a whim! (I'm a sucker for those impulse buys).

Love life...
Bryan and I have been together for over 4 1/2 years now. I can't believe that we are still so in love. He definitely is my best friend and I can't imagine where I would be without him. Bryan has finished up his last season playing baseball with DBU and graduated in May. He is currently looking for a job around the DFW area...keep him in your prayers!

That's all for now...my goal is to update this at least 3-4 times per week. Adios for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Can't wait to see more!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

yay for your blog!